Thursday, January 29, 2009

Five Minutes


In under five minutes, our nation witnessed the swearing in of our first black president. In under five minutes, my grandma received her first speeding ticket. The woman has been driving for over fifty years, and actually got nabbed speeding to Wal-Mart. A young woman in California gave birth to eight babies...all under five minutes. Life changes and history can be made in five minutes or less. In under five minutes, on October 25th, 2008, I made a covenant of marriage to Jessica, to be her husband for eternity.

In under five minutes, you could pray and move mountains by faith for your friends and family. In under five minutes, you could turn away wrath with a soft answer. In just five minutes, you could hold your child or kiss your spouse before they walk out the door, taking the time to absolutely make their day. In five minutes, you could do a random act of kindness that would forever altar a persons day maybe their life. In under five minutes, a broken messed up, hurting teenager fell on his bedroom floor and finally cried out to God, yelling, "If you're real then help me! Change me! Heal me! Deliver me! In under five minutes, that messed up kid was translated out of darkness into the kingdom of light and was born again from above, never to be the same again. That teenager was me.

Email me under the contact page. What's your five? I would love to know about the five minutes that changed your life and changed history.

"Make the most of your time for the days are evil." Ephesians 5:16