Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Perfectly Imperfect...which Creates A Prefect Me

In spite of all my faults as a brother, son, husband, friend, God still uses me, the imperfect punk, everyday to touch and change lives. Don't think for one nano-second that you need to have it all together to be used of God, because you will never have it all together. Never! Thankfully, God wants to use you now, just as you are, with all your imperfections.

In Exodus, God says, "You are my treasured possession." He goes on to say in the Psalms, "His thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the sea shore." Now, that is hard to wrap your mind around! The God of this universe thinks about you and has so many thoughts about you, it would be like counting the sand one by one. Just picture that. He said it. He loves you, Even though you see your faults, your wife tells you your faults, your friends tell you your faults, and the Enemy of your soul condemns you of your faults, God says, "I began a good work in you and I will complete that work. In my eyes, My Beloved Child, you are Perfect. You are in right standing with Me.

The reason I love Jessica and Jessica loves me in spite of all of our individual faults is because a foundation of love has been made. When I tell Jessica, "I love you," she quickly responds, "I loved you first." And she did love me first. Jessica was in love with me for an entire year before I even knew her name. When I tell my heavenly Father, "I love you," His Word says that He loved me first.

He loved me before the foundation of the earth was made. Before I ever knew His name, God loved me. A foundation of love was made when I received His son as a sacrifice for my sins.

When I look in the mirror, I see lots of imperfections. When I do a rewind of the day, I see moments and attitudes that were far from God's standards. Thankfully, He knows my heart. He sees your heart and knows your motive as well. My motive is to love others with the passion of Jesus: to love exactly as Jesus loved. To talk exactly as Jesus did. To go places He would have went. My passion is, to be mistaken for Jesus.

I really don't need the Enemy, Satan, to condemn me. I'm my own worst enemy most days. I have set a high standard for myself in my way of life. Some days I make it and other days I am far from the finish line. My Father knows me by name. He sees me through His eyes. Even though I am far from being exactly how He would have me, Jesus loves me with a perfect, pure, powerful love that floods my heart and mind with peace just thinking about Jesus' love for me. Memorize the following verse. As you read it and confess it daily, I pray the God who is making your heart beat right now and filling your lungs with air whispers in your ear how perfectly He loves you.

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
– Zeph. 3:17