Monday, June 15, 2009

Beautiful Connie Garrison


Photo taken by Deanna www.deannasammons.com
Why is my mom beautiful in my eyes? There are so many areas where she is beautiful not only on the outside, but also on the inside. She has a laugh that is contagious. I love to see her laughing with her grand kids. She and my dad have been married for almost 33 years and anyone can look at them and see what it takes to have a successful marriage. I watch my parents each day as they work together to accomplish things. My dad has been in the ministry for their entire marriage and my mom has always supported him and helped him with God’s work in their lives. She encourages all of those around her. She’s a wonderful listener and a great friend. She is the happiest when she is spending time with her family. She loves to play with her granddaughters and each weekend one of them gets to stay with her for their “Fun Time With Nana.” She gives of herself constantly never asking anything in return. She has always been there for me – encouraging me when I’ve done a good job as well as helping me pickup the pieces when I’ve messed up. I know that no matter what’s going on in my life she would drop everything to be there for me. She has a servant’s heart and that makes her truly beautiful. She loves to sing and I love her hear her sing. She is always there when you need her and is always looking to see what needs to be done even before anyone asks. She definitely has “True Beauty”. When I think of the virtuous woman in the Proverbs, I think of my mom. She is constantly working make sure everyone is taken care of and her price is definitely above that of rubies. This is just a few reasons why I feel my mom is beautiful in my eyes. Leslie Garrison